Should there be Safe Injection sites? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should there be Safe Injection sites?
in Global

By all4acttall4actt 30 Pts edited April 2019
I have a child who is a heroine addict and although  I would feel a lot better if my child used such a site; I am against them.

I believe that havingvsuch sites would make my child feel safer using  therefore taking away one of the major incentitives my child b has used for attempting  to quit in the past.  

Tell me what you think.  

Am I wrong?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• actaully the jury is still out in reality i'm ambivelent i have heard mixed things
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• I'm not sure you are wrong..the priority should be to get people to quit not easier to stay a junkie.. but maybe once there they could talk to them
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• I am praying for your child. Any addiction, chemical or otherwise, is tough to beat. I am addicted to smoking tobacco, and addicted to caffeine products, and I know heroin is very addictive, so I do support safe injection sites, I guess.
    Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• We got trip sitters for a reason
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  •  With drugs like herioin and meth, there is no such thing as a safe injection site. It doesn't matter where they are.

I have a step daughter who was a successful and thriving mortician who started on pills and has moved on to heroin and meth. She has no job, no home, no car, and has been arrested on meth charges all in the period of 1 year. I have a cousin who is an addict who lives on the streets, has overdosed several times and is in and out of jail. He is a heroin and meth addict with 3 children. His girlfriend has 7 children by 6 different fathers. Each of them born addicts themselves. They are all split into different homes while she lives on the streets with him as an addict. My own children have lost 4 school friends to overdoses. Each from good homes and each dying with a needle in their arms alone in the past 2 years. We are from a small towns north of Nashville. The ex-Mayor's son died from an overdose himself in another state. No one is immune.